Why use Jetpack?
Jetpack is a collection of widgets:
- Social sharing (display live LinkedIn and Facebook buttons on your site)
- Subscriptions (enable automatic email updates each time you post on your site)
- Simple site statistics (which pages are being used the most)
- Media integration (easily embed YouTube videos)
- Twitter integration (display a twitter feed)
- Contact form (easily create a special form)
- and many more.
To use Jetpack:
- Go to Dashboard and click on Plugins, find “Jetpack by WordPress.com” in the list, and click Activate
- You will see a message on the top of the screen “Jetpack is almost ready…”. You need an account on WordPress.com to use Jetpack (click here to create one). Link your account.
- Jetpack is ready to use after activation. Many features are automatically enabled. Click on Jetpack on the top left of the dashboard, to configure all the options. New widgets will be available in the list of widgets such as “Subscribe.”